The fastest dog within each height division to jump three jumps in a row wins: Bar Jump, Panel Jump, Tire Jump
There are two height classes:
Under 20 inches at shoulders
At 20 inches or over at shoulders
- At judge’s command, owner calls dog.
- Timing begins at judge’s command.
- Dogs are timed individually.
- Owners are allowed to use treats or toys as lures (time penalty for Competitive Level).
- To get dog through jumps, dog may run beside owner or a helper may hold dog at start point while owner gets in position on the far side of the tire jump.
- Dog must jump at least one of the jumps.
Each run is timed and the fastest time wins.
- All levels:
- Add 5 seconds to score for each jump missed
- Must jump at least one jump to qualify
- Competitive Level:
- Add 5 seconds to time for using food or toy
- Add 10 seconds for using helper at start
- If dog runs anywhere besides to the finish line. Note: Owner may run beside dog or owner may stand behind finish line
- If dog crosses start line before judge’s command
- If dog fails to jump at least one jump
JUDGE’S COURSE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use marking paint to mark a line that the dog must start behind.
- Use marking paint to draw a line at least 3 feet past the last jump as the finish line.
- Arrange the 3 jumps in order approximately 6 feet apart, starting 3 feet from start line.
- Jump order: 1. Bar jump 2. Panel jump 3. Tire jump
Marking paint, stopwatch, long lines, bar jump, panel jump, tire jump