To be the fastest dog to retrieve the most objects in a given time frame
- The owner may choose the object to throw. They may throw a different object each time. Tennis balls are provided.
- For levels other than “Competitive,” handler may “trade” a treat to encourage delivery to hand.
- The owner stands in the throw circle and throws the object at least 15 feet into the retrieve area.
- The dog must bring the object to the owner. More points are awarded to the dog that puts the object in the owner’s hand.
- The clock will start at the judge’s command to “go” and will stop after 1 minute.
- Each retrieved object – 1 point
- Each retrieved object put in owners hand – 2 points
- NO score for:
- Throws from outside the throw circle
- Throws not at least 15 feet in retrieve area
- Retrieved items not brought back to the throw area
- Repeated attempts to leave the area
- Leaving the area
- Aggressive or uncontrollable behavior
- Steps out of the throw circle
- Use marking paint to make a large circle for owner to throw from
- Walk 15 feet from edge of circle and draw a straight line to indicate retrieving area. Flags will be available to mark the sides and back of the area.
- Dogs can retrieve anywhere in the retrieval area so make this area rather large.
Marking paint, stopwatch, toys (soft and hard balls, rolled up newspapers)